- Location: Dublin
- Duration: Up to 12 month fixed term contract
- Working hours: 35 hours a week (Monday to Friday)
- Application end date: 31/01/22
About the Role
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of an underwriting development team, supporting Ecclesiastical Ireland’s ambitions for profitable growth & “right first time” approach to customer service.
- Develop, negotiate & profitably underwrite new and existing business (renewals & MTAs) within own authority & aligned to Ecclesiastical Underwriting strategy.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to build and maintain successful Internal and external relationships.
- Identify upselling opportunities at new business stage as well as within current book of business
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business
Requirements and Qualifications
- Underwriter experience – in commercial property and liability
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- APA minimum. CIP preferred
- Watson Glaser 40th percentile or above (will be tested)
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Appropriate IT skills (will be tested)
- Strong verbal communication
- Commercial awareness - including negotiation and trading skills
- Proven track record in applying critical thinking as part of the underwriting process
- Customer advocacy
- Personal responsibility
- Thinking & engaging clearly
- Building collaboration
- Delivering ambitious performance
- Driving business improvement
Applications (CV and cover note) should be emailed to: email@example.com